Thursday, March 2, 2023

Working with Modeling

In Process



The object that I chose to model was my dad's pack of cigarettes. It is something I see everyday and without even touching it, I know the shape well. I am with my dad almost 24/7 and his smokes are always on him.



At the beginning of the process, I had a circular mound of clay. I rolled it out and pounded on all sides to make it into a box like shape, shaving off clay where I needed with tools. I decided to upscale the object for this project, so the cigarette pack is larger than the actual one.



After making the box, I measured out how long the cigarettes would be according to the upscale box. I didn't want them to be too skinny or too fat, so I had to hold them in between my fingers and make sure they didn't fall apart when I held them. I used a small plastic knife to make the ends clean cut as if a factory had rolled them out.



Final



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Automata

I was inspired by an artist on Instagram named Amedeo Capelli who creates automatas to do this project. Before beginning, I wanted to pract...